PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Half Promotions

Jeremy Nygaard
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Oswaldo Arcia and Dan Sattler were promoted from Fort Myers to New Britain yesterday.

Today, we've learned of three transactions so far:

Bobby Lanigan and Caleb Thielbar from New Britain to Rochester

and (as expected)

Michael Tonkin from Beloit to Fort Myers.

These moves put the Red Wings at 25 and leave the Rockcats at 23. The Miracle is at their limit, but the Snappers are short one player. (Cole Johnson, anybody?)

greengoblinrulz
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
what were the corresponding ROC moves as they were 25 active players before the 2 moves?? that includes the promotion of Steve Hirschfield 2 days ago.

Jeremy Nygaard
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
My bad. 27, not 25.

Seth Stohs
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Carlos Gutierrez to the DL... reports from Rochester indicate he was sitting 88-91 with the fastball. Something wasn't right.

The second one is Lester Oliveros to the DL... this one was more surprising. he was throwing pretty well in his appearance with the Twins.

IdahoPilgrim
06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
That leaves New Britain with only 10 pitchers. Wonder who they'll promote from Fort Myers - Watts? Fuentes?

Mr. Ed
06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Carlos Gutierrez to the DL... reports from Rochester indicate he was sitting 88-91 with the fastball. Something wasn't right.

The second one is Lester Oliveros to the DL... this one was more surprising. he was throwing pretty well in his appearance with the Twins.

Gutierrez continues to struggle. Disappointing for him.

greengoblinrulz
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Seth, you're more connected. How often do the minor league teams fake an injury to create spots?
I know players are DLd at start of season to reamain with team till a roster spot opens but I have doubts Lester is hurt.

Seth Stohs
06-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Edgar Ibarra to New Britain.

Seth Stohs
06-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Carlos Gutierrez's injury is listed as "Right Shoulder." Lester Oliveros's injury is listed as "Right Elbow."

Mr. Ed
06-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Saw a note from an article passed on by a friend that Buxton expected to debut Saturday or Monday.

TKGuy
06-20-2012, 04:52 PM
No Pat Dean? Let's move him up and see if we have anything with him

Seth Stohs
06-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Saw a note from an article passed on by a friend that Buxton expected to debut Saturday or Monday.

That would match up with Jim Rantz's comments about 4-5 games before he'd play.

Seth Stohs
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
more moves today, a trickle down effect due to the promotion of tyler robertson. Luis Perdomo up to Rochester. Dakota Watts to New Britain. AJ Achter to Ft. Myers.

Seth Stohs
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Dan Sattler to Rochester.
Marty Popham to New Britain.
Dallas Gallant to Beloit.

greengoblinrulz
07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Another couple promotions due to age.....not performance
interesting that the 2 former StPaul Saints moved to AAA very fast

Seth Stohs
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Gallant definitely deserved it based on performance. He was just held back in EST/ET because he had Tommy John a year ago.

Thrylos
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Another couple promotions due to age.....not performance
interesting that the 2 former StPaul Saints moved to AAA very fast

Well... AAA is the repository of never have beens for the Twins :) No surprise there... I am not even surprised that the former manager's son (27 year old Shawn Roof) is still with the team at AA instead of getting a kid from Fort Myers there or that 24 year old Liddle's nephew is in Beloit instead of some kids who are currently in E-town (like DJ Hicks for example...) But that's the Twins' way.

60ft6in
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I heard Wickens and Evans to Beloit as well.....

Thrylos
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Fort Myers Miracle released 3B Jairo Perez today and the New Britain Rock Cats release 1B Matt Rizzotti earlier this week

IdahoPilgrim
07-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Fort Myers Miracle released 3B Jairo Perez today and the New Britain Rock Cats release 1B Matt Rizzotti earlier this week

Making way for a Sano promotion?

Thrylos
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Making way for a Sano promotion?

Apparently he (Sano) is not in the lineup tonight... let's start rumors ;)

I am not sure what is going on with Perez, but this seems to be more complicated that what it is. He has been playing really well recently. Something is going on...

TheBaseballGeek
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I'd guess that would mean a Sano promotion will be coming pretty soon. Just listened to the Miracle radio guys who kind of alluded to such, saying that Sano + the flexibility of Leer meant there wasn't a lot of room for Perez.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'd guess that would mean a Sano promotion will be coming pretty soon. Just listened to the Miracle radio guys who kind of alluded to such, saying that Sano + the flexibility of Leer meant there wasn't a lot of room for Perez.

He's out with a quad injury. And he's been brutal. There is no chance, wait... there is a 1% chance he gets promoted.

Until I hear something more concrete, I'm gonna go with his release being due to "non-baseball" reasons.

greengoblinrulz
07-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Perez released....wow. Hope you guys with more connections can find out the story behind this.
He musta kept trying to pull the ball instead of goin the other way........something like that.

24yrs old & .284/.339/.402 since May 1 in 45gms w/6doubles 4hr 23rbi 17k 14bb.......pretty solid numbers to be waived, must be bad.

TheBaseballGeek
07-06-2012, 10:27 PM
He's out with a quad injury. And he's been brutal. There is no chance, wait... there is a 1% chance he gets promoted.

Until I hear something more concrete, I'm gonna go with his release being due to "non-baseball" reasons.
Good point. I had forgotten about his injury, though the suggestion of promoting him wasn't intended to mean right away. I should've clarified that.

Wasn't real sure I bought the whole "No room for him" line anyway. There should always be room for a guy like that, especially in that lineup.

Highabove
07-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Theilbar has been with Rochester for a while. He's doing very well, does need to bring the walks down.
A story in the making for the former Saint?

Shane Wahl
07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Want to know more about the Perez situation. That must mean some sort of "he's a total jerk" thing, right?

Thrylos
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Snappers added LHP Steven Evans, RHP Dallas Gallant, & SS Stephen Wickens, Twins release LHP Bart Carter

IdahoPilgrim
07-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Not a promotion but another transaction: Joe Benson is moved to Fort Myers.

I would assume this is similar to what they did with Ramirez when he came off of injury - leave him in Fort Myers for a while (longer than a normal rehab stint) and then eventually move him back up to AA.

dougg13
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Me and my son watched Beloit play in Clinton on Friday night. Before the game I asked Manager Prada if Sano was going to play (the main reason we drove down to Iowa), he said Sano would be back in the line-up Saturday evening, and nothing was wrong with him, just rest, long hot season.

Chance
07-07-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought carter was pitching alright. Didn't no much about him, just watched box scores. I'm to lazy today to look up stats but I made a mental note to check up on him more.

Thrylos
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I thought carter was pitching alright. Didn't no much about him, just watched box scores. I'm to lazy today to look up stats but I made a mental note to check up on him more.

Carter had one of the highest K/9 rates in the organization 11.5 or so. But his ERA was high and he is 25 and still in Beloit. I think that the Twins held him back because he was a 39th round pick. He should have been at least at AA and see whether he failed there.

Badsmerf
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Not a promotion but another transaction: Joe Benson is moved to Fort Myers.

I would assume this is similar to what they did with Ramirez when he came off of injury - leave him in Fort Myers for a while (longer than a normal rehab stint) and then eventually move him back up to AA.

Or just to RF for the Twins after they trade Span... just sayin.

greengoblinrulz
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
guy who's playin well in Ft Myers is Daniel Ortiz. Unfortunately, he's blocked in AA by Benson(by weekend), Hicks & Arcia. Do that means we have Clete Thomas essentially blocking him & Evan Bigby. Get rid of some of these AAA duds.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-09-2012, 09:59 PM
guy who's playin well in Ft Myers is Daniel Ortiz. Unfortunately, he's blocked in AA by Benson(by weekend), Hicks & Arcia. Do that means we have Clete Thomas essentially blocking him & Evan Bigby. Get rid of some of these AAA duds.

Not sure Thomas is really blocking anyone. Benson will be up in AAA as soon as he starts hitting again, Hicks/Arcia most likely aren't ready yet.

greengoblinrulz
07-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Not sure Thomas is really blocking anyone. Benson will be up in AAA as soon as he starts hitting again, Hicks/Arcia most likely aren't ready yet.
Both will be in majors come Sept 1st but they arent ready for AAA?? Think you're overvalueing that league.

Seth Stohs
07-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Benson back to AA, Evan Bigley to Rochester.

Seth Stohs
07-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Matt Summers and Clinton Dempster promoted from Rochester to Ft. Myers.
Mason Melotakis and Zack Jones promoted from Elizabethton to Beloit.

MWLFan
07-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Seth any idea on what they want Jason Wheeler to work on? He has run a few good games out there in a row now. Is it make up, velocity or consistency working down in the zone? Just wondering as we have seen quite a few guys move from the Beloit staff and he is still there. I am fine with seeing him on the Snappers as I may get to see him pitch and the Team has a real good shot at winning when he is out there. Considering he is a College Arm and has been pretty good at this level they must have some issues with his ability to succeed at the next level.

TRex
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm with you MWLFan, in that Wheeler seems to have earned a promotion. I was amazed, however, that even though he is a college arm, he is still the youngest pitcher on the Beloit roster! I suppose that is an indictment on the Twins' pitching prospects.

Seth Stohs
07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I guess I'm not sure... However, Summers has been, by far, the Snappers best pitcher the last 2+ months, so it makes sense for him to move as a starter. Dempster's been pretty good as well, and frankly, he was in Ft. Myers the 2nd half of last year too, so he should move up.

Shane Wahl
07-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Matt Summers and Clinton Dempster promoted from Rochester to Ft. Myers.
Mason Melotakis and Zack Jones promoted from Elizabethton to Beloit.

I like these and the Bigley promotion. Benson, Hicks, and Arcia manning the New Britain OF together for at least a bit!

MWLFan
07-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I have seen Summers pitch (3) more times then Wheeler (1). He deserves the next step and was ready. Dempster, thats fine. Just looking at the Beloit staff and see Wheeler and Shibuya there and think, what are they working on to improve? I have seen Shibuya twice and one time it was ugly and the next man, lights out. Looked like 2 different guys. But also that defense behind these guys has not always been helpful. Wondering if it was maybe that both need some "seasoning" from a emotional standpoint. I have seen that more then once in Beloit and it is displayed by some guys who are not in uniform for every game and hang out in the stands with "patrons". Not wise in low A, but 19-22 year old guys...yeah might have other motivations going on.

Seth Stohs
07-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Danny Lehmann promoted to Rochester.

Mr. Ed
07-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Danny Lehmann promoted to Rochester.

Towles left after his first at bat. Imagine he got hurt.

mike wants wins
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
So Bigley or Tosoni come up when Span is dealt (if he's dealt)?

Shane Wahl
07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
So Bigley or Tosoni come up when Span is dealt (if he's dealt)?

Matt Carson probably shouldn't be skipped over. He has been consistent all year.

Seth Stohs
07-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Towles left after his first at bat. Imagine he got hurt.

That is correct!

Seth Stohs
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Matt Carson probably shouldn't be skipped over. He has been consistent all year.

Carson deserves it, but I'd say that Benson would be the guy called up.

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Carson is a 31 yr old player with no future with this team as out OF depth (almost ready to go OF depth) is outstanding. 34RBI in 88gms (tho a .325BA w/RISP is decieving) isnt enough to get me excited.

Thrylos
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Carson deserves it, but I'd say that Benson would be the guy called up.

Benson needs a couple of hundred of consistent PAs this season before he gets called up.

Calling him up on the other hand, would make him a very interesting trivia question answer (and I don't know whether any other player ever did that) : Name the one player who played at every level of affiliated professional baseball in the same season.

He started in Rochester (AAA) then moved to New Britain (AA) then got hurt and played for the GCL Twins (Rk) then up to Fort Myers (A+)... Would be fun to see him in the majors on second thought just because of this. :)

mike wants wins
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Benson? I'd guess tosoni....no downside for his long term development. I'd guess they'd want Benson to keep gaining confidence. Plus, didn't TK just talk up Bigley, isn't that always a sign a guy is next up?

TRex
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Mostly tongue-in-cheek, but...

Oswaldo Arcia was pinch-hit for in the third inning of this afternoon's Rock Cats game for no apparent reason. It's not necessarily 'Twins like', but someone who is on the 40-man and has an OPS over 1.000 in his last 70 AB may be worth a look. And the Twins have a history of aggressively promoting Arcia.

I guess an alternative reason for Arcia's departure is that he was included in a trade.

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
we will see an Arcia/Benson Sept platoon IMO or both playin regularly with Willingham DHing.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Jonathan Goncalves going from Beloit to Fort Myers.

Not sure how he fits (roster was at 25 after previous promotions). Would guess Tosoni to New Britain.

Let the Kepler to Beloit speculation begin!

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Shairon Martis to join Rochester.

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Should be Tosoni as NBrit needs a 4th OF (starts if Benson goes to ROC). He was sent on rehab & has gotten 32ABs (9hits). Send him back to where he should be.
Be nice to get a 6wk look at Keplar in a true lg.....what else can he do in the APP Lg
Rosario, according to Tery Ryan, is about to begin his rehab also.....currently rehabbing in Ft Myers

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Should be Tosoni as NBrit needs a 4th OF (starts if Benson goes to ROC). He was sent on rehab & has gotten 32ABs (9hits). Send him back to where he should be.
Be nice to get a 6wk look at Keplar in a true lg.....what else can he do in the APP Lg

I honestly doubt it's Kepler (just fun to throw out the speculation). Rhodes and Vargas (whenever he can) would probably come up first, as the Snappers could use a first baseman.

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
think Beloit is short 2 players if Goncalves is promoted. Only counted 24 with him, so maybe it is 2

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Shairon Martis to join Rochester.
Love players who truly earn their promotions!!!:rolleyes:

I get it that he has 51 career AAA starts (4.27 era in 276 IP) & 19 MLB starts w/Wsh (5.33era in 106IP), but I just think that David Bromberg needs to get to AAA & to develop your own guys.

He is Dutch, so maybe Bert had a say in the move.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
think Beloit is short 2 players if Goncalves is promoted. Only counted 24 with him, so maybe it is 2

Matthew Tomshaw was activated. It shows on the website he's still DL'd, he'd be number 24 now that Goncalves is gone.

IdahoPilgrim
07-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Jonathan Goncalves going from Beloit to Fort Myers.

Not sure how he fits (roster was at 25 after previous promotions). Would guess Tosoni to New Britain.

Let the Kepler to Beloit speculation begin!

Did you have Salcedo going back on the DL?

Mr. Ed
07-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Matthew Tomshaw was activated. It shows on the website he's still DL'd, he'd be number 24 now that Goncalves is gone.

Tomshaw pitched in the GCL again today with a 1-2-3 inning.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Did you have Salcedo going back on the DL?

Yeah. They were at 25 after the moves earlier this week. The only news involving Fort Myers today was Goncalves moving up. They played early today, so I'm guessing news will be coming out soon about who they promoted. New Britain is in need too, after today's moves, they only have 22 guys on their roster.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Tomshaw pitched in the GCL again today with a 1-2-3 inning.

That's interesting...

This from the Snappers Twitter feed yesterday:

Tuesday Roster Moves: Summers & Dempster promoted to Ft. Myers, Bryant to DL, Tomshaw activated, Zack Jones & Mason Melotakis added

IdahoPilgrim
07-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah. They were at 25 after the moves earlier this week. The only news involving Fort Myers today was Goncalves moving up. They played early today, so I'm guessing news will be coming out soon about who they promoted. New Britain is in need too, after today's moves, they only have 22 guys on their roster.

I have them at 25 right now, after Goncalves arriving.

P: Achter, Boer, Bowen, Dean, Dempster, Fuentes, Gonzalez, Hauser, Munoz, Nelson, Stuifbergen, Summers, Tonkin
C: Knudson, Pinto
IF: Gonzales, Hidalgo, Leer, Michael, Santana
OF: Goncalves, Morales, Ortiz, Rams, Ray

I think Tosoni is only there as a rehab assignment - he's still listed on New Britain's roster as being on the DL.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I think Tosoni is only there as a rehab assignment - he's still listed on New Britain's roster as being on the DL.

That would make sense.

I saw this on the Miracle Twitter feed: Miracle add OF Rene Tosoni to active roster for today's game.

I guess for him to be officially added to their roster, his option would have had to be transferred, which I haven't seen. Regardless, the Rockcats will need to get guys from somewhere...

Thrylos
07-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I would expect Rosario to be back in Beloit soon. He looks pretty good after the plastic surgery...

jimbo92107
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
...interesting that the 2 former StPaul Saints moved to AAA very fast

Once you've had baseballs delivered by a pig, you've got the right attitude to pitch in the bigs.

IdahoPilgrim
07-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Once you've had baseballs delivered by a pig, you've got the right attitude to pitch in the bigs.

Then all the Twins minor league affiliates need to use farm animals as ball delivery vehicles; this could be a new revolution in player development that catches on league-wide.

greengoblinrulz
07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
The Lehmann over Chris Hermann promotion is pure Twins.
Tho Danny is condsiderd the orgnizations best defensive C, why is this a reason for a promotion (is anyone on that roster worth developing??)
.225/.304/.310 in 68 AAA gms (213ABs) with a .211/.294/.268 line in 142gms (426ABs) in AA
This is another reason how the Twins admit that AAA is about the hack players & they keep their important players in New Brit

Jeremy Nygaard
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM

BA lists Tosoni as being transferred to Ft Myers.

Seth Stohs
07-19-2012, 06:00 PM
BA lists Tosoni as being transferred to Ft Myers.

That's what they did with Benson too.

Seth Stohs
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Tosoni is in the New Britain lineup tonight. Love that four OF mix of Hicks, Arcia, Benson and Tosoni for the four positions (including DH)...

FrodaddyG
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Tosoni is in the New Britain lineup tonight. Love that four OF mix of Hicks, Arcia, Benson and Tosoni for the four positions (including DH)...
I'd like it more if two of them hadn't seen big league time last year and are now two levels lower.

60ft6in
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I heard Rogers and Baxendale are heading to Beloit with Mazza to Etown.

nicksaviking
07-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Anyone know why Rogers is getting the chance to start but the rest of the pitchers at E'ton drafted this year (and almost all have been impressive in their small sample size!) have all gotten relief duty? I'm not sure about the other pitchers work loads prior to the draft, but so far Rogers is the only member of the 2012 E'ton draft class who has been pushed for innings.

Mr. Ed
07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
The Lehmann over Chris Hermann promotion is pure Twins.
Tho Danny is condsiderd the orgnizations best defensive C, why is this a reason for a promotion (is anyone on that roster worth developing??)
.225/.304/.310 in 68 AAA gms (213ABs) with a .211/.294/.268 line in 142gms (426ABs) in AA
This is another reason how the Twins admit that AAA is about the hack players & they keep their important players in New Brit

Gotta keep Rivera and his veteran presence in the Roch lineup as much as possible you know.

And keep Herrmann motivated to make the playoffs with the future outfield.

Rosterman
07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
carson would be the perfect 4th outfielder for the stretch, letting the Twins look more at Mastro. Plus, he'd fill a 40-man spot that could be jettisoned in the fall. Tosoni and Benson will both stick with New Britain as they head for the playoffs, probably. All three will start with Rochester next year...with Tosoni possibly coming off the 40-man roster.

Mr. Ed
07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
carson would be the perfect 4th outfielder for the stretch, letting the Twins look more at Mastro. Plus, he'd fill a 40-man spot that could be jettisoned in the fall. Tosoni and Benson will both stick with New Britain as they head for the playoffs, probably. All three will start with Rochester next year...with Tosoni possibly coming off the 40-man roster.

Why does Mastro need to be "looked at" more?

he's a 4th outfielder who can run and play all 3 spots. That's realized already.

I'm for getting a corner outfielder to the bigs that can the dang ball out, rather than slash/dash.

Twins are already littered with too many of them.

Take last night. Dozier hitting sixth, with "weaker" guys 7-9

Only with the Twins.

Seth Stohs
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Jose Gonzalez moving up to New Britain.
Steve Liddle moving back up to Ft. Myers.

Mr. Ed
07-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Jose Gonzalez moving up to New Britain.
Steve Liddle moving back up to Ft. Myers.

Good for Gonzalez; plenty of opps for relievers to move up.

Liddle is running out of time.

greengoblinrulz
07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Good for Gonzalez; plenty of opps for relievers to move up.

Liddle is running out of time.
No, he's got a lifetime contract cause he's in the country club.....by relation

Jeremy Nygaard
07-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Matt Hauser from Fort Myers bullpen to New Britain's bullpen.

Thrylos
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
DJ Baxendale and Taylor Rogers (starting today) to Beloit form E-town and Chris Mazza to E-town from the GCL

greengoblinrulz
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Matt Hauser from Fort Myers bullpen to New Britain's bullpen.
outstanding....definately about time. Wonder if he'll get any starts in New Brit (1.55ERA in 6 starts)
Wonder if they will fill in the empty Ft Myers spot with Jason Wheeler (12 Beloit Ws)

Thrylos
07-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Steven Evans was released. 13th round pick last season played with Etown and Beloit this season. LHP with 11.4 K/9 in the 2 levels this season (12 K/9 in Beloit). Sounds strange but I have seen the Twins doing stranger things in the minors this season.

nicksaviking
07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Steven Evans was released. 13th round pick last season played with Etown and Beloit this season. LHP with 11.4 K/9 in the 2 levels this season (12 K/9 in Beloit). Sounds strange but I have seen the Twins doing stranger things in the minors this season.

Seems like we'll be reading something in the police blotter about this, although Beloit is in WI so there might be a lot to comb through. Getting cut only 9 innings into a promotion is pretty strange otherwise.

Mr. Ed
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
13 hits in 10 innings at Eliz, ERA 5.4, 5 walks to go with 12 Ks
8 hits in 9 innings at Beloit 5 more walks ERA of 4

not exactly a stud letting go.

rickyhawaii
07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Turpen up to AAA

Thrylos
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
13 hits in 10 innings at Eliz, ERA 5.4, 5 walks to go with 12 Ks
8 hits in 9 innings at Beloit 5 more walks ERA of 4

not exactly a stud letting go.

He was just drafted last year. One of Few strikeout Lefties in the organization. Some of the issues should/would have been ironed as he progressed. Too fast to pull the trigger. Actually, just for fun, have a look at what Oswaldo Arcia did his first 2 seasons in the Twins organization. Something is going on here....

Jeremy Nygaard
07-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Snappers announce Ryan O'Rourke to Fort Myers.

60ft6in
07-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Corey Kimes from Etown to Beloit. Is that 10 pitchers that have been sent up but only 1 position player?

Seth Stohs
07-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Must have happened right after tonight's game? He pitched five shutout innings in Bristol! Good for him!

Seth Stohs
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Just found out that Kimes has NOT been promoted to Beloit at this time... However, Eddie Rosario is on his way back to the Snappers.

Mr. Ed
07-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Buxton with is 2nd triple,to go with 2 HRs since coming off injury.

I would LOVE for him to finish the year in Eliz. Sady, I doubt that'll happen.

What would it hurt?

diehardtwinsfan
07-31-2012, 01:31 PM
well the .203/.295/.420 (as of yesterday) line isn't exactly dominating. He's had a couple of decent games. Promoting him due to a small sample size is hardly what I'd call smart. He'll still be quite young for his age in Elizabethon next year.

Seth Stohs
07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
There's no reason to move Buxton up, and there's even less reason to worry about his stat line.

Mr. Ed
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
There's no reason to move Buxton up, and there's even less reason to worry about his stat line.

Why not?
Why not let him try the Appy League?
Why have him play another year of Rook ball next year?

Why not be a little more aggressive, if the kid is really that good?

diehardtwinsfan
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
he isn't that good... not yet anyways. having the tools is one thing, getting results is another. He's getting used to using a wood bat for the first time as well as facing tougher competition. You don't just promote a guy cause he had a couple of decent games.

Seth Stohs
07-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Why not?
Why not let him try the Appy League?
Why have him play another year of Rook ball next year?

Why not be a little more aggressive, if the kid is really that good?

My assumption is that he will go to Beloit next season regardless of where he starts or finishes this season.

IdahoPilgrim
07-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Just found out that Kimes has NOT been promoted to Beloit at this time... However, Eddie Rosario is on his way back to the Snappers.

You just made my day, Seth. I'm in Beloit right now and will be at the next two games (tonight and tomorrow). Was hoping he might get back in time.

mike wants wins
07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
You think Buxton starts in Beloit next year Seth?

righty8383
07-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Now the Snappers are tweeting that Kimes HAS been promoted to Beloit. Cole Johnson put on the DL

Jeremy Nygaard
07-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Now the Snappers are tweeting that Kimes HAS been promoted to Beloit. Cole Johnson put on the DL

60ft6in has broke all the Snappers promotions before they've been announced, so I was a little surprised when it looked like he was wrong. He wasn't wrong.

drjim
07-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Why would people care if Buxton is in GCL or Appy this year? If he gets to Beloit that is interesting. All he needs is reps for the rest of the year, either league is fine.

60ft6in
08-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Why would people care if Buxton is in GCL or Appy this year? If he gets to Beloit that is interesting. All he needs is reps for the rest of the year, either league is fine.

Buxton will go to Etown next year. He will not be rushed to A ball and Coach Reed is one of the better hitting coaches the Twins have.

60ft6in
08-01-2012, 02:31 AM
60ft6in has broke all the Snappers promotions before they've been announced, so I was a little surprised when it looked like he was wrong. He wasn't wrong.

Thanks... I thought maybe I heard some incorrect info when Seth reported. Just trying to add something when I can...!

Seth Stohs
08-01-2012, 02:46 AM
I was wrong. I asked about Kimes to Beloit, and if there were any other moves. I got the "No" answer, and thought it was regarding Kimes, but it was actually about any other transactions... other than the addition of Rosario back on to the roster.

Seth Stohs
08-01-2012, 02:49 AM
You think Buxton starts in Beloit next year Seth?

I do, but that doesn't mean much... I think that with his talent, they should be patient if they need to be. But I think that the new rules which gets players signed sooner and playing earlier in the summer is a good one. Buxton signed pretty quickly and despite missing 8-10 days, he's played quite a bit and will go to instructs. I'm sure it'll be a numbers game too, but if he shows he's ready for that level, they're not going to block him.

diehardtwinsfan
08-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Buxton will be in Elizabethon. Why rush him? He's not ripping up the GCL, and it isn't as though there aren't a ton of good OF prospects ahead of him....

greengoblinrulz
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
gonna be hard to judge Buxton totally by his numbers this yr due to his 1-27start
I think he's been better than expected (to me anyways) since then.... 14/47 (.298BAA) w/.681 slgg since then in 15gms