PDA

View Full Version : Article: Monday in the Minors

Seth Stohs
06-19-2012, 12:02 AM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?679-Monday-in-the-Minors

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Hurray for Arcia! Now Ft. Myers has an even worse team. Santana and Boer are really the only two that I'll pay attention to there.

Cap'n Piranha
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Color me Confused when it comes to Buxton. The Twins want him to get acclimated to the GCl and wood bats by sitting out? Wouldn't playing a game in the GCL with a wooden bat by a decent way to get acclimated to, you know, playing games in the GCL with wooden bats?

Seth Stohs
06-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Color me Confused when it comes to Buxton. The Twins want him to get acclimated to the GCl and wood bats by sitting out? Wouldn't playing a game in the GCL with a wooden bat by a decent way to get acclimated to, you know, playing games in the GCL with wooden bats?

He's going to get 150+ plate appearances whether he starts today or Friday or Saturday. The big thing is that others have been there for 4-5 months. He's been there for a week. Doesn't hurt him to see the surroundings, meet teammates and coaches, see a couple of games before being thrown into it. Might be best since he's so raw.

righty8383
06-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Looks like the GCL Twins decided to go with Landa instead of Maniowski to start today.

Seth Stohs
06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, i have that list of starters and now realize that they aren't going in order.

Cap'n Piranha
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
He's going to get 150+ plate appearances whether he starts today or Friday or Saturday. The big thing is that others have been there for 4-5 months. He's been there for a week. Doesn't hurt him to see the surroundings, meet teammates and coaches, see a couple of games before being thrown into it. Might be best since he's so raw.

Sure, I was just wondering what the reasoning behind having him sit to start the season was. Obviously, he's a kid who just graduated from high school 2-3 weeks ago, and now has more money than anyone else in his hometown, and possibly is just overwhelmed. That being said, you would think baseball is the one thing that shouldn't be new (just different) to him.