PDA

View Full Version : If Plouffe reads Twins Daily... An open letter

Riverbrian
06-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Dear Trevor,

If you read Twins Daily... I want to point out that among a few others... Bark's Lounge and Glunn had your back all along.

Personally I thought you could establish yourself as a MLB player if you stopped swinging at crap and you've stopped. However, in all honesty... I wasn't sure if you'd stop and I certainly did not expect this kind of performance under any circumstance.

Bark and Glunn they never lost faith and I give them full credit for expressing it in the face of a stiff wind.

Trevor... I think you should seek these individuals out and reward them with some of your comp tickets. If you keep this up... There will be a Plouffe section at target field. These guys should be sitting front row.

One last thing Trevor... Always remember... A truly wise man does not play leapfrog with a unicorn and never ask the barber if you need a haircut.

Bark's Lounge
06-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Dear Trevor,

If you read Twins Daily... I want to point out that among a few others... Bark's Lounge and Glunn had your back all along.

Personally I thought you could establish yourself as a MLB player if you stopped swinging at crap and you've stopped. However, in all honesty... I wasn't sure if you'd stop and I certainly did not expect this kind of performance under any circumstance.

Bark and Glunn they never lost faith and I give them full credit for expressing it in the face of a stiff wind.

Trevor... I think you should seek these individuals out and reward them with some of your comp tickets. If you keep this up... There will be a Plouffe section at target field. These guys should be sitting front row.

One last thing Trevor... Always remember... A truly wise man does not play leapfrog with a unicorn and never ask the barber if you need a haircut.

Hello River Brian. I appreciate you backing me up on the Plouffe subject. The problem is that I have met Plouffe and hung out with him at Hubert's and beyond. I thought we had a good time hanging out and thought we had struck up a friendship. This is the email he sent to me:

Hello Bark. Was that you parked in the front of my townhouse last night? With your binoculars and hanging out of your car window - that **** kind of creeps me out. Given we had a few drinks and a couple of laughs a week or so ago and the good times seemed to be flowing. I somewhat regret having the after bar party at my place. I appreciate the fact that you brought over some ladies and we were able to kick it and relax, but there was no way I could have thought that Veronica was your girlfriend - damn dude, I am sorry. The sad thing is that I think I am in love with her. Bro, I don't want to screw with your life and I hope we are cool. Veronica has told me that you should pick up the kids at 8:30 - other than that I hope you are well and Win Twins!

River Brian - this is what I am dealing with...uuhhgg....

glunn
06-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks Brian for your kind words. I am honored to even be mentioned in the same post as Plouffe and Bark's Lounge. But the truth is that the founder of Plouffetism was Bark's Lounge. At best, I have merely been Bark's first disciple -- the Garfunkle to his Simon.

The true genius and visionary behind the Plouffetistic philosophy is Bark, and I am hoping that, for the good of the team, Plouffe and Bark can come to terms about this Veronica situation.

Bark's Lounge
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks Brian for your kind words. I am honored to even be mentioned in the same post as Plouffe and Bark's Lounge. But the truth is that the founder of Plouffetism was Bark's Lounge. At best, I have merely been Bark's first disciple -- the Garfunkle to his Simon.

The true genius and visionary behind the Plouffetistic philosophy is Bark, and I am hoping that, for the good of the team, Plouffe and Bark can come to terms about this Veronica situation.

Glunn, we are the OG's of Plouffetism, hands down and equals. I didnt want to speak for you. Damn that Veronica and Damn that Plouffe!!!

Riverbrian
06-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Seriously... great call guys.

Im Trying Not to over react to a hot streak but I'm really happy for the kid. No matter what happens in the future. Cuz of this hot streak. Plouffe just gave himself a MLB career. Streaks come and go and so will this but the thing about this one. It gave him some rope when he really needed it. He can cool off and he will keep getting his name in the lineup card. Once you see something like this... Gardy and all the decision makers will write his name down cuz he's shown it and they will wait for the mere chance of it happening again.

From the brink of the end of a career to a locked down everyday job. Its stuff like this that makes baseball the greatest game in the world.

Does Plouffes Girlfriend know about Veronica? Does Elvis Costello? These days I'm afraid she's not even sure her name is Veronica. Veronica... Veronica...

glunn
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I almost forgot -- today is the birthday of two great Twins heroes -- Trevor Plouffe and Bark's Lounge. Happy birthday to both of you! :D

After all of the partying tonight, Veronica will probably be very tired tomorrow. :p

Brian, you are almost certainly correct that Plouffe will probably be able to stay in the lineup for a while even if he cools off. But as a Plouffetist, I believe that he is still warming up, and the best is yet to come.