PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Twins Lineup

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Plouffe's surge and Dozier's downfall have me reconsidering what I would most like to see the Twins put out on a daily basis. Here it goes.

1 Revere CF
2 Span LF
3 Mauer C
4 Josh Willingham RF
5 Trevor Plouffe 3B
6 Justin Morneau 1B
7 Ryan Doumit/Chris Parmelee DH Platoon
8 Alexi Casilla 2B
9 Jamey Carroll SS
(P Scott Diamond)

twinzgrl
06-15-2012, 08:08 PM
I like your lineup. I'm hoping for a Dozier resurgence.

Dilligaf69
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Why Revere #1??? as long as Span is still on this team it won't happen plus as well as Ben is hitting he still has only 4 walks..that's dreadful for a #2 hitter with zero power let alone a leadoff guy. Plus you have to play Dozier and let him take his lumps, The Twins are not in contention and he's here to play, why play a 38 yr old everyday.

ashburyjohn
06-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Ben is hitting he still has only 4 walks..that's dreadful for a #2 hitter with zero power

There's lack of power and then there's lack of power. I don't think pitchers are afraid to throw strikes, because yes he might get a hit but it won't be for any extra bases at all. Unlike most hitters with a good average, I don't think Ben can decide to be more selective and draw more walks - not enough pitches out of the strike zone (though, I have not looked up anything to back up that guess).

Dilligaf69
06-15-2012, 10:04 PM
There's lack of power and then there's lack of power. I don't think pitchers are afraid to throw strikes, because yes he might get a hit but it won't be for any extra bases at all. Unlike most hitters with a good average, I don't think Ben can decide to be more selective and draw more walks - not enough pitches out of the strike zone (though, I have not looked up anything to back up that guess).

Fair enough..I guess if he continues to hit .340 it won't matter much.

greengoblinrulz
06-15-2012, 10:10 PM
I believe in Dozier & wont give up on him.
I would like to see him hit 9th as he has a little bit of extra base power (esp last yr) & would like the nonpower guys(Carroll/Casilla/Buter/Span/Revere) broken up with someone who can pop a double.

gil4
06-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Closer: Someone other than Capps

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah last night's loss was tough for me to handle. Twice as many hits as the Brewers yet no cigar.

Riverbrian
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Span CF
Mauer C
Willingham RF
Morneau 1B
Plouffe 3B
Doumit DH
Dozier SS
Casilla 2B
Revere LF

Span is leadoff as long as he's a Twin
Mauer is a two hitter. That's my opinion and Gardy may disagree with me.
Willingham is the best Choice for Three and he stops the lefty run.
Morneau is the 4. Hope he gets hot and stays healthy.
Plouffe is looking like a 4 right now. Let's just calm down and say 5 for now.
Doumit is the obvious 6
Ill go with Dozier at 7 because Doumit can clog up the base paths. Dozier can move him over so the Speed guys get a little space.
Casilla at the 8 over Carroll cuz of his speed and he is much younger.
Revere at the 9... Ben could certainly hit higher up but the 9 position rolls over to the top of the order. I think the 9 spot is important for that reason. I also like my Speed guys grouped together. Lights out Pitching can shut power guys down on occasion. During those occasions... You can put your speed guys together and scratch some things out. Speed is hard to stop... Even if you are dealing.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
I think we need to face facts and realize the lineup needs to be mixed up more. For the 8 people not named Trevor Plouffe last night, just one run.

old nurse
06-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Keeping somewhat in spirit of the question although they are not the best all time I picked 6 on the current roster
Catcher Mauer
1b Morneau (I also dreamed he did not get kneed between the eyes)
CF Span
LF Willingham
3b Plouffe (I dreamed the pitchers don't figure hin out
SS Dozier (I wasn't going to pick someone who piched

2b Rod Carew when Sir Rodney was young enough to play 2b
RF Tony Oliva before the knees went
DH Harmon Killebrew
Relief, Readon over Aggie
Starter Morrris was here only 1 year so I would have to go with Viola.

Shane Wahl
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Span CF
Mauer C
Willingham RF
Morneau 1B
Plouffe 3B
Doumit DH
Dozier SS
Casilla 2B
Revere LF

Span is leadoff as long as he's a Twin
Mauer is a two hitter. That's my opinion and Gardy may disagree with me.
Willingham is the best Choice for Three and he stops the lefty run.
Morneau is the 4. Hope he gets hot and stays healthy.
Plouffe is looking like a 4 right now. Let's just calm down and say 5 for now.
Doumit is the obvious 6
Ill go with Dozier at 7 because Doumit can clog up the base paths. Dozier can move him over so the Speed guys get a little space.
Casilla at the 8 over Carroll cuz of his speed and he is much younger.
Revere at the 9... Ben could certainly hit higher up but the 9 position rolls over to the top of the order. I think the 9 spot is important for that reason. I also like my Speed guys grouped together. Lights out Pitching can shut power guys down on occasion. During those occasions... You can put your speed guys together and scratch some things out. Speed is hard to stop... Even if you are dealing.

My lineup exactly.

Cody Christie
06-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Span CF
Mauer C
Willingham RF
Morneau 1B
Plouffe 3B
Doumit DH
Dozier SS
Casilla 2B
Revere LF

This is the line-up that I would have put together with Carroll probably fitting in for Casilla. It would be great for Casilla to put it all together but it doesn't seem like he is going to make it as an everyday player with the Twins. Unless there is an injury, he seems to have accepted his role as utility player.