PDA

View Full Version : Walters to DL

IdahoPilgrim
06-14-2012, 02:26 PM
As per MLB website, PJ Walters has been placed on the 15-day DL effective today, 6/14.

Mauerzy4Prez
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
As per MLB website, PJ Walters has been placed on the 15-day DL effective today, 6/14.

Twins official website listed this as right shoulder inflamation... not that I am ever happy when a Twins player goes down with an injury, but I find it quite funny that last night on the broadcast right when the game began, Bert was eluding to how similar PJ is to Pavano when they are both healthy and pitching well... looks like they have the same injuries too

IdahoPilgrim
06-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Twins official website listed this as right shoulder inflamation... not that I am ever happy when a Twins player goes down with an injury, but I find it quite funny that last night on the broadcast right when the game began, Bert was eluding to how similar PJ is to Pavano when they are both healthy and pitching well... looks like they have the same injuries too

Well, maybe they learned something, then. Pavano had a "right shoulder inflammation" and they thought he could play through it and it would gradually settle down - they even gave him extra time between starts. He ended up on the DL with a strain. At least this time they didn't bother trying to get Walters to pitch through it and have it get worse.

Mauerzy4Prez
06-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, maybe they learned something, then. Pavano had a "right shoulder inflammation" and they thought he could play through it and it would gradually settle down - they even gave him extra time between starts. He ended up on the DL with a strain. At least this time they didn't bother trying to get Walters to pitch through it and have it get worse.

Very good point... I also think with the way the schedule is shaping up the next week or two, we were able to give him the break on the DL and not really shake up much in the rotation.