PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins, Buxton Agree to Terms

Parker Hageman
06-12-2012, 11:35 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?654-Twins-Buxton-Agree-to-Terms

glunn
06-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Great article. If he can produce even 75% of Kemp's power, I will be thrilled.

Land Of 10,000 Beasts
06-13-2012, 12:13 AM
The thing that has been kinda bugging me is that Bryce Harper has set up a precedent upon which top prospects are going to be judged. This Jordan Garretson is a clear example of that. What, did he think that just because he was drafted 2nd overall that he was going to be hitting bombs left and right like Harper? First, Buxton is only 18! Most 18 year old prospects are still eating their graduation cake. Second, Bryce Harper is a freak of nature. You can't really compare the two. Besides, I don't know about you, but spraying line drives around the field sounds good to me given this guy's circumstances.

Byron Buxton has a very, very high ceiling. Higher than most prospects out there. But he is just that right now, a prospect. They require time, in his case at least a few years.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Second, Bryce Harper is a freak of nature.

He's also the chosen one, looks like a future Hall of Famer, and hit a 450ft. HR yesterday. When it comes to Bryce Harper, every rule that goes along with prospect development gets thrown out the window (19, .943OPS in 150 ABs....*jaw drops*). Sad thing is, I guarantee that he would be in the minors for this year and the year following (at least) if he were a Twin.

mike wants wins
06-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Isn't Buxton 18.5, old for a senior? I am not worried about batting practice on day zero of his career.

CDog
06-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Isn't Buxton 18.5, old for a senior? I am not worried about batting practice on day zero of his career.

I don't think so. At least where I went to school, people (generally speaking) turned 18 during their senior year anywhere from September of the prior year (beginning of school year) to the end of August just after graduation (just before the following school year). So he was born in December and turned 18 in December of his senior year, which seems normal to what I've known, anyway.

mike wants wins
06-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Good point CDOG, not sure what I was thinking....

Jack Torse
06-13-2012, 06:35 PM
What was his WAR in high school?

ashburyjohn
06-13-2012, 06:41 PM
What was his WAR in high school?

Man, you do NOT want to think about what replacement level means at a high school. Ninth grader, thick glasses, no signs of puberty yet ... geesh.