PDA

View Full Version : Article: Saturday in the Park

Seth Stohs
06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?641-Saturday-in-the-Park

James Rivah Twins Fan
06-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Thanks Seth! Good to see Hendricks pitching so well. We'll need him soon enough.

Han Joelo
06-10-2012, 08:47 AM
What's the scouting report on Jones? He seems to get a lot of SO's. Hendriks is good. Oliveros, I think, will have Delmon Young flailing at some high heat sometime later this season. That is all.

goliath
06-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm surprised they let Hendriks throw 124 pitches.
Both Hicks and Arcia left their games early, any report of injuries?

John Bonnes
06-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Herrmann's rate numbers have rebounded, but he's taking a lot fewer walks than last year (and about the same Ks). I was hoping he would find his way to Rochester this year, but he's not exactly making a strong case for it, is he?

Seth Stohs
06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
What's the scouting report on Jones? He seems to get a lot of SO's. Hendriks is good. Oliveros, I think, will have Delmon Young flailing at some high heat sometime later this season. That is all.

Tyler JOnes was drafted in the 11th round or so last year and got into a couple of games with ETown. He went to LSU. Didn't pitch a ton for them last year. He can throw hard, 92-94, good slider. Changeup probably his worst pitch, but he's got some stuff, for sure.

Seth Stohs
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Herrmann's rate numbers have rebounded, but he's taking a lot fewer walks than last year (and about the same Ks). I was hoping he would find his way to Rochester this year, but he's not exactly making a strong case for it, is he?

I agree... I was hoping he'd be pounding on the door to Rochester by now, but he hasn't at all. That said, I'm no less high on him being in a Ryan Doumit type role for the Twins as early as the middle of next year. HE's a much better athlete and actually pretty solid at those other positions. Defensively, he's just fine as well. But you're right, he hasn't made it obvious that a move should come... I still think he'll get a September call-up since he has to be added to the 40 man roster after the season, and I would think that would be an easy decision still.