Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit DH
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Brian Dozier SS
Jamey Carroll 2B

SP: Scott Diamond

Scheherezade
06-09-2012, 11:27 AM
That's a nice looking lineup. Hopefully Span and Mauer are ready to go. I just wish there was room for Parmelee.

one_eyed_jack
06-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I like that lineup too.

Good chance to keep feasting on bad teams and continue to climb.

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 01:33 PM
That last SO by Diamond was a thing of beauty, set that slider up brilliantly.

glunn
06-09-2012, 01:51 PM
It's good to see Mauer back.

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
More clutch strikeouts by Diamond.

striker_86
06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Lets get some more runs for Diamond so he can cruise to 7 or 8 innings....

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Lets get some more runs for Diamond so he can cruise to 7 or 8 innings....

Or maybe even a shutout?

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 02:16 PM
That's 1st rate 3rd base play Plouffey!

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Doooooooooooooom!

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
And Doom comes through with a double. Time to extend his contract.

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Now if Plouffe can hit a bomb, this game will be broken wide open.

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Way to go Plouffe -- Cubs' pitcher's era is going up with every at bat.

striker_86
06-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Atta boy Plouffe! Way to blow this thing open!!

USAFChief
06-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Ploffesie having a nice series to date.

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Ploffesie having a nice series to date.

He has been clutch, and batting average finally above .200.

USAFChief
06-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I have been genuinely impressed with Diamond since his call up. It hasn't been lucky IMO.

glunn
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I have been genuinely impressed with Diamond since his call up. It hasn't been lucky IMO.

As usual, I agree with you Chief. I also have some hope that Diamond might be picked for the all star game if he can keep his era low.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM

We're seeing now why they took him rule 5 and then traded for him to keep him here.

My only concern here is he's been sitting on the bench a long time during this big inning. Hopefully he can keep his focus.

Vegeta
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Twins are off the chain today . I don't ask for long winning streaks. Just win each series.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Twins are off the chain today . I don't ask for long winning streaks. Just win each series.

I agree. This gives them a chance to sit their starters tomorrow and give the bench players some time. And who knows, we might win that one too...

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Nice defensive play by Diamond. I think the best thing about Diamond might be that he is as cool as a cucumber.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Nice defensive play by Diamond. I think the best thing about Diamond might be that he is as cool as a cucumber.

I've noticed that as well. When the infield botches a play, or when the umpire shafts him by calling time at the last moment, he's able to shake it off.

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Nice job kid, way to play!

Vegeta
06-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Don't wanna jinx him , but Diamond is looking like he could earn a spot in the All Star game

mikeee
06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Cubbies!!!!!

Vegeta
06-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Plouffe is a damn animal lately. Absolutely killing the ball

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Trevor Plouffe to all the haters......"How do you like me now?!!"

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Don't wanna jinx him , but Diamond is looking like he could earn a spot in the All Star game

He's probably the one pitcher we have who would even be under consideration, but I can't see us getting more than the required 1 slot, and I think you have to give that to Willingham.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 03:23 PM
My oh my! Maybe there should be a mercy rule??

NorthwestTwinsFan
06-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I wonder if all those Cubs fans at Target Field are having a good time so far.

USAFChief
06-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree. This gives them a chance to sit their starters tomorrow and give the bench players some time. And who knows, we might win that one too...

They had an off day Thursday. Off day Monday. And you want to sit people Sunday?

Highabove
06-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Does anyone want to be Danny Valencia??

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 03:28 PM
They had an off day Thursday. Off day Monday. And you want to sit people Sunday?

It's not about resting the starters, but about getting the bench players playing time. I do think there is value in that when you've already won the series.

glunn
06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I wonder if all those Cubs fans at Target Field are having a good time so far.

Probably about as much fun as I had at Angels' Stadium watching Weaver no hit the Twins last month. I hated that.

NorthwestTwinsFan
06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
15 hits through 6 innings. That is pretty awesome.

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Little baffled by that as well.

NorthwestTwinsFan
06-09-2012, 03:34 PM
It looks like a couple of starters are out of the game now. Interesting that Mauer's still in there though..

USAFChief
06-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Yeah and it's not like anybody has been buried on the bench, nor do I care if Butera ever sees the field.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Ouch! Double-slammed and tag-teamed:)

NorthwestTwinsFan
06-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Pressure is on Carroll here to get a hit.

twinsnorth49
06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
The Cubs better hope they get something out of Dempster tomorrow or it's going to be a long afternoon, that bullpen is cooked.

I personally do not hope for it

Highabove
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Could this be Gray's last game as a Twin?

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Could this be Gray's last game as a Twin?

Who would you bring up? I would guess it'd be Guerra.

Ultima Ratio
06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Ok, great game Twins, now for some further reflection: Gray is quickly becoming what most of us thought he would, a very mediocre mop-up only pitcher. Not good. Any changes with Gray or should we keep him as long relief/mop-up only? I'd say give him a couple more appearances and see what happens, as long as those appearances are low-leverage situations.

Scheherezade
06-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Star Tribune tomorrow: "Another Sloppy Twins Win" I mean, they gave up 3 runs!

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok, great game Twins, now for some further reflection: Gray is quickly becoming what most of us thought he would, a very mediocre mop-up only pitcher. Not good. Any changes with Gray or should we keep him as long relief/mop-up only? I'd say give him a couple more appearances and see what happens, as long as those appearances are low-leverage situations.

I was one of those saying he should have a chance - I believe when you are doing well you stay up as long as performance justifies. But he has now had 3 sub-par performances in his last 4 appearances. I would check with Rochester and see if either Guerra or Oliveros are ready. If yes, I'd make the change.

one_eyed_jack
06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
It was really nice to see us finally bust open a game like that. Another series win - let's see a sweep.

Montecore
06-09-2012, 04:55 PM
It's a mystical reality that when the Twins are winning good things start happening to me. Like now all kinds of studio jobs are falling into my lap (film promotion, trailers, :30 TV teasers, etc.). The Kid gets the sweep tomorrow.

Dilligaf69
06-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I was one of those saying he should have a chance - I believe when you are doing well you stay up as long as performance justifies. But he has now had 3 sub-par performances in his last 4 appearances. I would check with Rochester and see if either Guerra or Oliveros are ready. If yes, I'd make the change.

That's the thing though, if it's only mop up duty what's the rush to bring someone up if Oliveros or Guerra or Guttierez or whomever is gonna be in the same role?? let them get innings in AAA, if there is an injury then I'd say yeah but right now it's Burnett, Burton, Duensing, Perk and Capps as your main guys, Manship and Swarzak are your long guys..does'nt leave alot of chances for the anybody else.

Montecore
06-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Does anyone want to be Danny Valencia??

He needed a reality check. The impression he gave was that he thought he was Graig Nettles, only prettier. Disfigured by vanity because he was lacklustre and sub-par. Look, you're in the major leagues - it's a big deal, a lot of glamour and status - it could turn anyone's head. But, it's a very tough and unforgiving game. A Josh Hamilton is rarer than a true blue Siamese sapphire.

IdahoPilgrim
06-09-2012, 05:12 PM
That's the thing though, if it's only mop up duty what's the rush to bring someone up if Oliveros or Guerra or Guttierez or whomever is gonna be in the same role?? let them get innings in AAA, if there is an injury then I'd say yeah but right now it's Burnett, Burton, Duensing, Perk and Capps as your main guys, Manship and Swarzak are your long guys..does'nt leave alot of chances for the anybody else.

Good points. At some point, though, they'll need a fifth starter again. At that time I think you'd have to make a move - Swarzak or Manship making spot starts (I'm assuming Pavano will be out a while), Duensing moving to a long relief role, making an opening for a set-up guy.

The other thought is that, while today's laugher was fun to watch and the Twins bats have been waking up, I'm still remembering earlier in the season when runs were at a premium and we were in a lot of close games. If we revert back to that at all, it won't be mop-up duty but innings that really matter. Do we still have confidence Gray can handle those?

stringer bell
06-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I really don't see the point of keeping Gray around. The Twins have several options in the minors who are younger and have more upside. Gray isn't that good and doesn't figure to ever get any better. They do need starters and probably Gray could/should be replaced by a starter.

jokin
06-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Good points. At some point, though, they'll need a fifth starter again. At that time I think you'd have to make a move - Swarzak or Manship making spot starts (I'm assuming Pavano will be out a while), Duensing moving to a long relief role, making an opening for a set-up guy.

The other thought is that, while today's laugher was fun to watch and the Twins bats have been waking up, I'm still remembering earlier in the season when runs were at a premium and we were in a lot of close games. If we revert back to that at all, it won't be mop-up duty but innings that really matter. Do we still have confidence Gray can handle those?

Swarzak and Duensing have proven their inability to start games. Manship is still unproven, but probably deserves a chance to spot start. Instead of moving up either Guerra or Oliveros, instead of interrupting their development, wouldn't this be the time to bring Slama up? Assuming his injury is minor, he will be off the 7-Day DL next Wednesday. They have to make a decision on him this year, one way or another, now's a good a time as any.

neky0801
06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Swarzak and Duensing have proven their inability to start games. Manship is still unproven, but probably deserves a chance to spot start. Instead of moving up either Guerra or Oliveros, instead of interrupting their development, wouldn't this be the time to bring Slama up? Assuming his injury is minor, he will be off the 7-Day DL next Wednesday. They have to make a decision on him this year, one way or another, now's a good a time as any.

Seems like a no brainer to bring Slama up at this point and DFA Gray

TwinsGuy55422
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Great win today. Hopefully Liriano gives us another solid performance tomorrow and we get the sweep. Keep the momentum going!

Pradesh
06-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Nice not to be the most hopeless fan base for once.