PDA

View Full Version : The Cris Carter of Major League Baseball?

TexTwinsFan
06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Who is the Cris Carter of Major League Baseball? A: Trevor Plouffe. All he does is hit bombs!

Land Of 10,000 Beasts
06-09-2012, 11:19 PM
When I read this I thought you were talking about the guy who went what was it like 0 for 50 to start off his career? I think he played for the A's.

Anyway, Plouffe has been hot but I wouldn't compare him to the Viking all time great. I was impressed with his defense today however.

TwinsGuy55422
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
When I read this I thought you were talking about the guy who went what was it like 0 for 50 to start off his career? I think he played for the A's.

Anyway, Plouffe has been hot but I wouldn't compare him to the Viking all time great. I was impressed with his defense today however.

I believe he was making a play on the statement Buddy Ryan made when Carter was released from the Eagles. Ryan thought Carter was only effective when running fade patterns in the end zone. I believe the quote was something to the effect of "All he does is catch touchdowns."

TexTwinsFan
06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
How long until Chris Berman announces a Twins highlight and says "all he does is hit homeruns"?

TexTwinsFan
06-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!