PDA

View Full Version : Article: Interview with Twins' Catching Prospect Chris Herrmann

Twins Fan From Afar
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?619-Interview-with-Twins-Catching-Prospect-Chris-Herrmann

Shane Wahl
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice! Thanks for the spotlight on a vital part of the future.

Twins Fan From Afar
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I have to apologize -- last week 2 great comments were submitted for potential questions to ask Herrmann, and I didn't read the responses in time. Both were great suggestions, and I will use them for my next player interview, which hopefully will be in July.

DAM DC Twins Fans
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
thanks. interesting to see that life in the minors is a lot tougher than most people realize, though worth it if you make the show.

Shane Wahl
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
thanks. interesting to see that life in the minors is a lot tougher than most people realize, though worth it if you make the show.

But if they don't make it and they don't have a college degree or close to one . . .

Twins Fan From Afar
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
But if they don't make it and they don't have a college degree or close to one . . .

That's the interesting part -- what's the fallback for most of these guys? I think Herrmann left after his junior year at Miami (not positive on that). So if baseball didn't work out, he would just need 1 more year to finish his degree. But even then, he'd probably be 27, 28 years old and without any "relevant work experience." I hope these guys save most of their signing bonus money.

ashburyjohn
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I hope these guys save most of their signing bonus money.

A sixth rounder like Herrmann probably didn't get enough of a signing bonus to really affect life plans. Maybe a down payment on a house.

Twins Fan From Afar
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM
A sixth rounder like Herrmann probably didn't get enough of a signing bonus to really affect life plans. Maybe a down payment on a house.

I looked around for it, and all I could find was an unconfirmed report that it was $135,000. After taking taxes out and agent fees, you're right -- probably a house downpayment.