PDA

View Full Version : MLB Draft Discussion: Day One

Pages : 1 [2]

twinsfanstreif
06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
mlb.com has him at 51 and Sickles had him at 29 I think. I'm hoping for Brown and Brett-Walker tomorrow......that means it won't happen

mike wants wins
06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Anyone worried that one of the players put on 25 pounds and saw his FB jump in speed in 1 year?

righty8383
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Mitch Brown is a 3rd-4th round pick for most teams. The Twins have overvalued him because of proximity
Overvalued at 45 by Keith Law too I guess.

Mchans24
06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Just by seeing video it is obvious the kid the twins took at 32 is much more athletic than Brown. Brown throws hard but it is pretty straight and his breaking ball needs a lot of work. He's also more like 5'10 or 5'11 not 6'2. I like him at pick 62 or 72 for Twins.

twinsfanstreif
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Guys I like at 63 and 72: Mitch Brown, Kieren Lovegrove, Ty Buttrey, Peter O'Brian, Adam Brett-Walker, RJ Alverez, Wyatt Mathisen, Nolan Fontana, Brett Moonyham, and Nolan Sandburn (I'm assuming that Hunter Virant is unsignable) are just a few names that have jumped out at me. I'm assuming though that it's gonna be some Juco OF that none of us have heard of(and will probably end up being the equivalent of Jason Pridie) I guess I've been a Twins fan too long.....

PMKI
06-05-2012, 12:49 AM
I can't believe how negative you guys are on here.

denarded
06-05-2012, 06:55 AM

(nodding head, sadly)

Gernzy
06-05-2012, 08:30 AM

Welcome to the internet. Come here often?

twinsfanstreif
06-05-2012, 08:38 AM
It's funny because I was really high on McCullers and Correa and really down on Appel. This morning here in Houston the sports talk guys were having a fit by passing up the "sure thing" in Appel for a 17 year old and they didn't like McCullers because he was gonna be expensive and his dad was just ok. It's interesting the reactions in different places

mike wants wins
06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
All the posters complaining about "negativity", what would you like to do in a discusson about the draft? Only read positive stuff? I'm good with the Buxton pick, has a chance to be great. Wasn't keen at all on the other two picks, not even a little. But I don't get what people want in a discussion about the draft.....if you don't want discussions both pro and con, what do you want?

PMKI
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I never said to stop the negativity, I was just surprised by how much there was. I like the Buxton pick for sure, I even like the Berrios pick. I am with most people though and question the Bard pick but they obviously saw something in him that they liked.

Miles
06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I have two basic issues with the Berrios and Bard picks:
I read the front office had them ranked "between #25 and #50" on their board. If they had Berrios ranked lower than #32 or Bard lower than #42, they reached and didn't stay true to their board -- did we really get the best players available, even by our own draft board?
You don't take Berrios at #32 if you can get him at #42. You don't take Bard at #42 if you can get him at #63. Who really knows how the other MLB clubs ranked these guys? But based on the analysts projections, we could have gotten both using a later pick.
Personally, I'll be fine with all of them if they land Brown at #63. That seems like a value-pick.