Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit C
Brian Dozier SS
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Alexi Casilla 2B

SP LHP Scott Diamond

glunn
06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Great play by the Hammer in the 1st inning, throwing out Choo at second base. I love it when Willingham throws someone out.

glunn
06-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Infield double by Dozier -- Sweeeeeeet!

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 02:37 PM
If that ground ball to Dozier is a "hit" you might as well do away with official scoring and eliminate the error stat from baseball.

glunn
06-03-2012, 02:46 PM
If that ground ball to Dozier is a "hit" you might as well do away with official scoring and eliminate the error stat from baseball.

I could be wrong, but I think that if the fielder fails to touch the ball, the scorer cannot call it an error.

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that if the fielder fails to touch the ball, the scorer cannot call it an error.

A rather routine ground ball clanked off Doziers glove. What the hell are you talking about?

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Next time dont field it cleanly Dozier. Save yourself an error.

glunn
06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
A rather routine ground ball clanked off Doziers glove. What the hell are you talking about?

My mistake -- I was talking about Dozier's infield double.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Great bunt by Plouffe.

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 03:05 PM
My mistake -- I was talking about Dozier's infield double.

Oh, gotcha. Sorry.

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I expected a Bremergasm over consecutive bunt singles. Rather disappointed in the subdued reaction.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Great bunt by Plouffe.

I second that motion!

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I expected a Bremergasm over consecutive bunt singles. Rather disappointed in the subdued reaction.

Give Bremer some time. He is still recovering from working with "Wild Thing" and his disjointed announcing style last evening.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Two unearned runs off Dozier's error -- not a good inning. This would be a good time to jump on Masterson. Load the bases so Dozier can blast a grand slam to purge his mistakes.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Indians' announcers are discussing how Mauer's huge contract is handcuffing the Twins.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Dozier with two infield hits and two errors and should have been charged with a third. I'd like to see him clean it up on defense.

Montecore
06-03-2012, 03:29 PM
What's the story with Dozier? Is he throwing too high, too low, what?

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 03:36 PM
On Dozier's double--it was definitely a hit, but Lopez' defensive decision cost the Indians a base. I can't see how you can charge Lopez with an error for gambling that the ball would go foul. The Cleveland official scorer apparently has been very lenient. I don't like lenient official scoring because it skews all the stats-hitting fielding and pitching.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Dozier's good baserunning negated by the "contact play".

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Asdrubel costs himself a knock by diving headfirst into first.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Damn, another lost opportunity to score a run. When is the last time the Twins put the squeeze play on? It would be nice to see that once in a while.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Damn, another lost opportunity to score a run. When is the last time the Twins put the squeeze play on? It would be nice to see that once in a while.

Good point my friend. I would like to see that more often. We could have really used that run.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Great pitching by Diamond today. If by some miracle we were to make the playoffs, I think that he would deserve to start the first game, assuming that he continues to pitch like this.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Revere on first with no outs. Let's hope Mauer can move him along.

glunn
06-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Indians' announcers are talking about how Mauer's 14 GIDPs leads all of baseball -- time for him to shut them up.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Fantastic at bat by the Hammer! He hung in with a lot of foul balls until he got something he could hit. We needed that insurance run.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
DOOM!!! He creamed the ball to drive in the Hammer for another insurance run.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Great pitching by Diamond today. If by some miracle we were to make the playoffs, I think that he would deserve to start the first game, assuming that he continues to pitch like this.Diamond was set up pretty well, facing a banged up Cleveland team that struggles mightily against lefthanders. I've thought he was sharper a couple other times, but he keeps making his pitches and getting lots of grounders. I'll take it, but I will LOL about the Twins making the playoffs.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Three errors by the Twins today, plus Dozier's uncalled error, yet we still have a lead.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Damn -- the Indians get their third UNEARNED run.

Dilligaf69
06-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Giving these runs away!!!!

Dilligaf69
06-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Great pitching by Diamond today. If by some miracle we were to make the playoffs, I think that he would deserve to start the first game, assuming that he continues to pitch like this.

The ultimate optimist!!!! good for you!

Dilligaf69
06-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Another great start for Diamond....We'll see Perk in the 8th!

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Giving these runs away!!!!

If there had been no errors, Diamond would be working on a shutout. Indians' announcers are admiring Diamond's ability to change speeds.

Shane Wahl
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Plouffe hitting (if it continues) is huge.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Nice leadoff double by Plouffe to make up for his error last inning, plus he goes to third on an Indians' error. Plouffe has raised his average today from .176 to .198. A great day for Plouffe. And now he scores a badly needed insurance run on a SF by Casilla.

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm not sold on Diamond yet, but it's hard not to be impressed so far. Not overpowering by any means, but certainly good enough to be reasonably successful if he can continue to hit his spots and limit walks. The question, of course, is if he can continue to do that, particularly against RH hitters.

pjnelly
06-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Super great to see Plouffe finally getting some hits--I think he might soon be leading the team in home runs if he gets the regular plate appearances.

pjnelly
06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm not sold on Diamond yet, but it's hard not to be impressed so far. Not overpowering by any means, but certainly good enough to be reasonably successful if he can continue to hit his spots and limit walks. The question, of course, is if he can continue to do that, particularly against RH hitters.

His windup and delivery is semi-reminiscent of Cliff Lee or a not-so-exaggerated version of Lincecum. I like his chances a lot.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:40 PM
His windup and delivery is semi-reminiscent of Cliff Lee or a not-so-exaggerated version of Lincecum. I like his chances a lot.

Diamond also seems to have good composure -- he did not seem to be affected by the multiple fielding errors.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Three errors by the Twins today, plus Dozier's uncalled error, yet we still have a lead.The Indians official scorer ruled that a hit, so only two runs are unearned.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Nice leadoff double by Plouffe to make up for his error last inning, plus he goes to third on an Indians' error. Plouffe has raised his average today from .176 to .198. A great day for Plouffe. And now he scores a badly needed insurance run on a SF by Casilla.Plouffesie can see the Mendoza line! Too bad for him that they are leaving Cleveland.

J-Dog Dungan
06-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Diamond has been doing well enough to be the equivalent of Brad Radke for this season. By this I mean the guy who isn't overpowering, but he does well when he keeps the ball down and throws lots of strikes, which the Twins sorely need.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The Indians official scorer ruled that a hit, so only two runs are unearned.

cbssportsline is showing zero earned runs, but they could be wrong. Either way, a good outing for Diamond.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Indians announcers just said that Mauer is injured. :(

Out of the game with a right thumb sprain.

Shane Wahl
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
God, when they start winning and are all healthy . . . Mauer gets injured.

glunn
06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
God, when they start winning and are all healthy . . . Mauer gets injured.

What are the Twins announcers saying about this?

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Diamond has been consistent. He is doing most everything to maximize his effectiveness. I think he throws just hard enough to not be a soft tosser, throws strikes, gets ground balls, mostly holds runners on and seems to throw well when there are runners on. The sub-2 ERA won't last, but he might be in the rotation for several years. Maybe Bill Smith wasn't a total idiot. Keeping Diamond sure looks like the right call.

stringer bell
06-03-2012, 04:59 PM
The unofficial scorer (Dick Bremer) ruled it a hit. I thought it would be ruled a hit too, although I thought Plouffe could have/should have made the play.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I was going to say Good Win and nice job today by Diamond and Plouffe, but the Mauer injury sure takes the good feelings away. Hopefully it is only a day to day kind of injury. I here you Shane Wahl - we just can't seemingly find a way to sail the boat into calm waters... it's dumbfounding.

USAFChief
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
The unofficial scorer (Dick Bremer) ruled it a hit. I thought it would be ruled a hit too, although I thought Plouffe could have/should have made the play.

It was a lot tougher hop than the ground ball "single" to Dozier earlier.

glunn
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM

I agree with you that Plouffe should have made the play. And I am glad that this is not counting as an earned run against Diamond. If Diamond can keep his era below 2.00, then maybe he will get picked for the all-star game.

glunn
06-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I was going to say Good Win and nice job today by Diamond and Plouffe, but the Mauer injury sure takes the good feelings away. Hopefully it is only a day to day kind of injury. I here you Shane Wahl - we just can't seemingly find a way to sail the boat into calm waters... it's dumbfounding.

Are the Twins' announcers saying anything about the details of the injury?

Dilligaf69
06-03-2012, 05:05 PM

IDK thumbs are tricky lingering issues alot of times. SUCKS!

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Are the Twins' announcers saying anything about the details of the injury?

Gardenhire, in his press conference said Mauer has a slight thumb sprain and it is day to day. He sprained it swinging on his last AB and indicated to Gardenhire that he should put some ice on it ASAP.

glunn
06-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Gardenhire, in his press conference said Mauer has a slight thumb sprain and it is day to day. He sprained it swinging on his last AB and indicated to Gardenhire that he should put some ice on it ASAP.

Thanks Bark. In Southern California, we don't get the postgame show (except for the Angels and Dodgers).

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks Bark. In Southern California, we don't get the postgame show (except for the Angels and Dodgers).

No problemo. If I am watching the game and aftermath, I am always glad to pass on the info!

glunn
06-03-2012, 05:55 PM
No problemo. If I am watching the game and aftermath, I am always glad to pass on the info!

That is greatly appreciated. I have talked with my wife about moving to Minnesota, but she does not like cold weather.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't say I blame her. It can be a grind sometimes, although this winter was mild for what we are accustomed to. The winter before sucked big time - too much snow. Are you originally from MN?

ashburyjohn
06-03-2012, 07:14 PM
By this I mean the guy who isn't overpowering, but he does well when he keeps the ball down and throws lots of strikes

Kind of puts him at the mercy of some umpires who call the low strike for pitchers with a "name" more than for others.

ashburyjohn
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
He sprained it swinging on his last AB

Man. I figured it had to be a baserunning mishap. He's put in all this work to play nearly every game this season, shaking off derogatory comments about being a soft player, and then as DH he hurts himself at bat?!?!?

glunn
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I can't say I blame her. It can be a grind sometimes, although this winter was mild for what we are accustomed to. The winter before sucked big time - too much snow. Are you originally from MN?

No, I am originally from Memphis -- became a Twins fan from listening to night games on the radio.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Man. I figured it had to be a baserunning mishap. He's put in all this work to play nearly every game this season, shaking off derogatory comments about being a soft player, and then as DH he hurts himself at bat?!?!?

Mauer must have some kind of curse. Let's make it clear that I am not a Mauer contract hater. His luck has gone straight down the ****ter since he signed it. Hopefully he is back in a few days, it seemed like he was getting his wheels spinning to make a move at pushing his BA into the area we are all comfortable with him at.

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 11:05 PM
No, I am originally from Memphis -- became a Twins fan from listening to night games on the radio.

Cool. I have been close to Memphis while traveling, but never had a chance to stop in... I need to. You must be accustomed to top notch BBQ. I would think that Memphis is Cards territory. It is awesome that you had access to Twins games - glad to have you as a fellow Twins fan! BTW - Is that Cardinals Territory? It was a bumber to lose Pujols, but the Cards are my bros down the river. Far and away my #2 team.

glunn
06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Cool. I have been close to Memphis while traveling, but never had a chance to stop in... I need to. You must be accustomed to top notch BBQ. I would think that Memphis is Cards territory. It is awesome that you had access to Twins games - glad to have you as a fellow Twins fan! BTW - Is that Cardinals Territory? It was a bumber to lose Pujols, but the Cards are my bros down the river. Far and away my #2 team.

Memphis was and remains Cardinals territory. And a great place for BBQ.

I became Twins fan in 1965, from watching the World Series against the Dodgers. Then I discovered that at night I could listen to Twins games on WHO radio out of Des Moines, Iowa. For years, I listened to most of the night games.

When I was a kid I had a Harmon Killebrew bat and a Twins cap -- not easy to come by in Memphis. And I saved my lawn mowing money to get a subscription to the Sporting News, mainly for the Twins coverage.

I have been to Twins games in Boston and Anaheim, but have never been to Minnesota. I keep wanting to go, but the opportunity keeps eluding me. In the meantime, I go to most of the games when the Twins play in Anaheim, and have met lots of fans who have actually set foot in Minnesota. It's always funny when they ask where in Minnesota I am from.

Bark's Lounge
06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Memphis was and remains Cardinals territory. And a great place for BBQ.

I became Twins fan in 1965, from watching the World Series against the Dodgers. Then I discovered that at night I could listen to Twins games on WHO radio out of Des Moines, Iowa. For years, I listened to most of the night games.

When I was a kid I had a Harmon Killebrew bat and a Twins cap -- not easy to come by in Memphis. And I saved my lawn mowing money to get a subscription to the Sporting News, mainly for the Twins coverage.

I have been to Twins games in Boston and Anaheim, but have never been to Minnesota. I keep wanting to go, but the opportunity keeps eluding me. In the meantime, I go to most of the games when the Twins play in Anaheim, and have met lots of fans who have actually set foot in Minnesota. It's always funny when they ask where in Minnesota I am from.

Minnesota is a fairly decent place - especially in the summer. I think you would really like Target Field - architecturally it is the best of the best. You should come and check it out!