PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Eliminated

travistwinstalk
06-01-2012, 09:31 AM
With their loss on Tuesday to Bradenton the Miracle are mathematically eliminated from post season contention for the first half. Not that there was much doubt in it as they have been out of contention for weeks, but it is officially over now. The question now becomes do the Twins start making some changes with that Fort Myers roster now that they can start looking forward to the 2nd half and hopefully have a better half. With Beloit in contention for a first half playoff spot they likely won't get any players from Beloit until that race is over. The question is are there any miracle players who are worthy of moving up to New Britain to help their first place team. There are 4 guys that I think deserve consideration let me kknow what you think.

Oswaldo Arcia: .313avg 5hr 22rbi 1sb .363/.506/.868 line. The thing about Arcia is he got off to an awful start in April which he got injured and just had a horrible month where he hit just .239. Now in May he is hitting .358 with a .966 OPS compared to a .713 in April. Even better in his last 10 games he is hitting .385 with a 1.044 OPS. The only downer is he is Jason Kubel like as he kills right handed pitching and is awful against lefty's. Hitting .368 with 1.031OPS against righty's with hitting .203 with a .542OPS against lefty's.

Pat Dean: 4-2 2.70era 63.1inn 14bb 31k- Pat Dean has been consistant all year with the Miracles with a 4.25era in April but a much better 1.34 era in May. He is not going to strike many guys out, but Dean just knows how to get guys out.

Bruce Pugh: 1-3 2.60 era 5saves 17games 27.2inn 8bb 24k- Bruce Pugh has had an up and down first half with the Miracle after going back and forth between NB and FM last year. Pugh had an ugly 5.40 era in April, but bounced back in May with a 0.56 era in May where he gave 1 run in 16 innings in May.

Matt Hauser: 1-1 2.70era 18games 30inn 11bb 27k: Hauser has been much more consistant than Pugh as he had a 2.93 era in April and a 2.45 era in May. Both Pugh and Hauser throw hard. Hauser has struggled a bit throwing strikes as his 11 bb in 30 innings is too high a rate for a relief pitcher.

So my question is do any of these guys merit a promotion right now?