PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be fun!! Scrap the rosters, start anew, who would your first pick be!

rogrulz30
05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/12531franchisedraft/espn-franchise-player-draft

ESPN has the franchise mock draft going today, you get the entire major league rosters, you get to choose in a draft style who would you take, money isn't a hinderance.

If you look at the site, the first 3 players taken by "the experts" are
Kemp, Tulo, Kershaw

I would love to start my franchise around Matt Kemp, this guy is fun to watch. The Dodgers came to MN last year, my friend and I were able to watch Kemp take batting practice, I could watch him all day take BP, seems like a perfect guy to start your franchise around. Who would you take???????/

Twins Fan From Afar
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Aside from the fact that he's injuried right now, it's tough to argue against Kemp!

TCBurgerGuy
05-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd have to think about it awhile, but I think that I would take Bryce Harper. I heard on MLB network last night that so far he has better stats than Griffey did at the same age. Not a bad guy to start a franchise around.

Kershaw is pretty damn good as well.

Rosterman
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Joe Mauer, you need a good-looking catcher.

nokomismod
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Miguel Cabrera even with his age/fat/thirst would be on my list.

Cody Christie
06-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Mike Trout is looking like a stud so far in his career but I would take Tulowitzki to anchor the middle infield.

Riverbrian
06-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Give me the young left hander Kershaw. I'll pass on Kemp and take an Adam Jones type CF later.

Bark's Lounge
06-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Give me the young left hander Kershaw. I'll pass on Kemp and take an Adam Jones type CF later.

I probably have to jump aboard this ship. If Trout or Bryce Harper were Shortstops maybe things would be different.

Riverbrian
06-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I probably have to jump aboard this ship. If Trout or Bryce Harper were Shortstops maybe things would be different.

The question in this scenario is... After the 1st round picks... How youthful do you go? Do you take a Rizzo with no MLB cred over Adrian Gonzalez? Grandal over McCann? Bauer over Halladay?

Bark's Lounge
06-03-2012, 12:47 AM
River Brian, in the first round I take a long term can't miss young player to build and market my team around for many years. With Kershaw, Trout and Harper being 24, 20 and 19 respectively, if you sign them long term they could be playing at a high level effectively for 15-20 years for the franchise. As far as the later rounds are concerned, from your examples I would take A-Gon over Rizzo, McCann over Grandal, and Bauer over Halladay. Yeah, youth might play a part of it after the first round, but you fill your roster out to make the best team you can. After you get your "build around him player", you can start adding in the blue hairs and such and take the best available player to work towards being a World Series Victor!