PDA

View Full Version : Public Enemy #1 - Matt Capps

Bark's Lounge
05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
I will admit that I am not a supporter of Matt Capps, but today I really feel sorry for him.

When the Twins seemingly had a good chance to avoid a sweep and a 5 game losing streak, appropriately Matt Capps comes in for the save and gives the game away. Ugghh...

Capps has not had a lot of opportunities for a save this season and today he committed his first blown save.

Because of this futile team, Capps does not have a lot of room for error. A bad day for MC can be the difference between a 4 and 10 game losing streak.

Matt Capps is in a bad position and the microscope is fixed in on him. Failure wise, He has no room to breathe and for him this could be a long, long season baring the brunt of Twins fan's hatred.

Like I said I am not a Matt Capps fan, but I certainly feel for him and this situation he is in.

lecroy24fan
05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
He doesn't deserve 99 percent of the criticism that comes his way.

IdahoPilgrim
05-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree. Certainly he's not the closer of the future and this will be his last year with the Twins (unless they pick up his $6M option, which I doubt), but I think too many people are judging him on last year. It's a new season - everybody starts fresh, and this year he's been the closer they hoped they were getting when they gave up Ramos (ugh!).

BD57
05-27-2012, 06:56 PM
A professional hitter won the battle today. That happens. Very hard to win when your offense only gets you 3 runs.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
05-27-2012, 07:03 PM
No one in their right mind can blame Capps for giving up a home run to Miguel Cabrera. One of the greatest hitters in the game came through for his team. It's sad, but it happens.

adjacent
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I blame him not for the home run, but for throwing a meatball down the middle in those circumstances. And I don't feel sorry for him He gets nice money for being the closer. Mad fans when you blow one comes with the territory.

Boom Boom
05-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Throwing an 0-2 fastball inside to Cabrera is awful pitch selection. Capps and Mauer made a bad mistake there.