PDA

View Full Version : Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 42: Marquis de Buzzkill

John Bonnes
05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?561-Gleeman-the-Geek-Ep-42-Marquis-de-Buzzkill

Ultima Ratio
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Nod to Marquis de Sade? Gross. Have you read him? No matter how pitiful the pitcher is, he is no Sade and I don't want to have to tell you why. Questionable pic and headline.

Shane Wahl
05-20-2012, 11:50 PM
"Asian guy" and offense to the Marquis de Sade now . . . but really a "nod" to him as though John endorses the actions of Sade? Really? Like . . . really? A nod? More like, playing on words and nothing more. Torture is obviously very relative of a term.

LIGHTEN UP.

FYI: I tried watching the film version of 120 Days of Sodom (Salo) once. Don't try doing that.

Ultima Ratio
05-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Hmm.. tone can be obscured and a problem with these posts: try reading my post while smiling and you'll see it's not cutting. You read in seriousness that is not there, and I don't believe John is endorsing the actions of Sade, where do you get that from? A nod means a reference in my use. Why would I ask if John's read Sade if I already think he endorses his philosophy?

(I'm not offended or asking it to be taken down for goodness sake), but called it questionable. Here's why:

I have read Sade and besides the philosophical ‘contributions’ of the man (I would tell you what he did and thought he was accomplishing, but this post would be taken down), which I don’t find comparable to Jason, I find the connection – the pun – a facile one, and therefore a poor choice. This is constructive criticism for John. What’s the connection besides the name Marquis? I’m guessing John picked this because of Sade’s infamy and likened that to Jason but this is not at all clear. I see the connection as half a wink too cute. But if the connection is meant to be stronger than just the name, I don't find it deserved. I find that a little ridiculous and it gives me a chuckle (see my headline below). That's all :)

"Philosophy in the Bedroom and Jason Marquis"

mike wants wins
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
I think 99% of the people ahve no idea who Sade really is, or what he stood for. He has the same name, and he's associate with some level of pain/torture. That's really all people really know. I see no real stretch here for the masses. But I understand how others may disagree.