PDA

View Full Version : Article: Tuesday Night Minor League Round-Up

Cody Christie
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?525-Tuesday-Night-Minor-League-Round-Up

Seth Stohs
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Darin Mastroianni has been pretty impressive with the Red Wings. Hitting well, but also 10 stolen bases (in 11 attempts) in 19 games. Tonight, he stolen two bases, including a steal of home.

glunn
05-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Another interesting report.

Hopefully, Hendriks will regain some confidence and come back up this year.

Cap'n Piranha
05-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Any chance that Hendriks can develop a new/better off-speed or breaking pitch? It seems like his current repertoire puts him firmly as a 4A starter.

roger
05-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Is this the same Brian Dozier? I recall so many people saying he isn't a major league shortstop. Has to be moved to second base or only a utility role.

Seth Stohs
05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Any chance that Hendriks can develop a new/better off-speed or breaking pitch? It seems like his current repertoire puts him firmly as a 4A starter.

Hendriks stuff, especially Curveball and changeup are and will be just fine. Didn't show well in his last two starts, but neither did his fastball control. He'll be fine. He just needs to take a step back, regroup and start over.

Seth Stohs
05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Is this the same Brian Dozier? I recall so many people saying he isn't a major league shortstop. Has to be moved to second base or only a utility role.

Gotta give Roger the credit there. He was the first to believe that Dozier was a future big league shortstop. It took me until about the middle of last year to realize it. I had seen him play in Beloit and nothing stood out as exciting, but I think that's what he can be, a steady, solid, every day shortstop... who has made some great plays in his first two games. Obviously the jury is still out. Parmelee looked good for like a month before reality set in, but Dozier is off to a great start and if nothing else, has shown he can be a good SS defensively.

I am just really curious now... how many four-year college seniors are in the big leagues? I'm sure people could come up with a few names, but it can't be many. I think it would be interesting.

roger
05-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Gotta give Roger the credit there. He was the first to believe that Dozier was a future big league shortstop. It took me until about the middle of last year to realize it. I had seen him play in Beloit and nothing stood out as exciting, but I think that's what he can be, a steady, solid, every day shortstop... who has made some great plays in his first two games. Obviously the jury is still out. Parmelee looked good for like a month before reality set in, but Dozier is off to a great start and if nothing else, has shown he can be a good SS defensively.

I am just really curious now... how many four-year college seniors are in the big leagues? I'm sure people could come up with a few names, but it can't be many. I think it would be interesting.

Seth, I recall when I was doing the 2011 Twinkie Town Top 50 in 2011. Kept bringing Dozier back into the voting with no success, until finally he was voted in as #29. At that time I thought he should have certainly been Top 20 and even in the low teens. And fifteen months later, here he is as the Twins starting shortstop. I reread your post the other day from the handbook. Certainly seems like the type of player you would like to have a dozen of on the team....hard working ole fashioned baseball players.