PDA

View Full Version : Spring training performance nonsense, vol. 9284919 . . .

Shane Wahl
05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS.

Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .

Seth Stohs
05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS.

Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .

If Steve Pearce was on the roster for the Twins now, would they have another win? He was hurt all spring (so I would argue they should have put him on a DL instead of just letting him go), but it's not like the Twins don't have enough AAAA types.

Thrylos
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah. Plus there were other issues with Steve Pearce last Spring. Let just say that he was not the nicest person to be around, and live it at that.