PDA

View Full Version : Article: Wednesday Night Twins Minor League Game Notes

Seth Stohs
04-25-2012, 09:58 PM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?475-Wednesday-Night-Twins-Minor-League-Game-Notes

righty8383
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

Thrylos
04-25-2012, 10:52 PM
15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it :)

ashburyjohn
04-26-2012, 10:45 AM
15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it :)

Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

Seth Stohs
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

I like the walks this year, but his K/PA matters more to me, and now it's a scary number.

Madre Dos
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

He will be fine. Remember, he won't be 19 until next month. I was more worried about his errors - but that looks alot better than last season.