04-23-2012, 08:33 AM #1
Rules for adopt-a-prospect forum
(Note, there have been a couple of small updates to the Rules of Adopt-A-Prospect for 2013. Edited 4/15/2013.)
Rules of Adopt-A-Prospect:
1) Twins Daily members can only ‘adopt’ ONE prospect at this time. Each Twins prospect can only be adopted once. It will be first-come, first-serve in a new thread here that will be opened at 10:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday morning. (There may be a second adoption between the MLB draft and the start of the short-season leagues.)
2) Once you have confirmed that you have that player, you can post a thread. The title of the thread you start should just be that player's name. First post must be an introduction of the player. The format of the post is up to the individual, but please be sure to get all the important information needed on the player. For Example, Name, Position, Handedness, Drafted/Signed/Acquired (out of where/what round), Previous Stats, etc. Feel free to make it as detailed as you want. (There are a lot of websites you could link to such as their Baseball-Reference, The Baseball Cube, First Inning, Fan Graphs, MiLB.com, affiliate’s websites, etc.)
3) After the initial post (and throughout the season), you MUST update the thread AT LEAST once every week. If you fail to do this, the prospect can be taken away from you. [If a player is inactive due to injury or suspension, this requirement is waived as appropriate.]
If you would like to update more often, please feel free. Updates should, at least, include Year-To-Date numbers for the player. The more information given, however, the better. Brag up your prospect!
4) Any major event (i.e. Promotion/Demotion/Trade/Perfect Game/4 HRs in one game...) must be reflected in the thread within a day of the event. Failure to update for this purpose may result in losing your adoptee.
5) Threads will be closed one week after a prospect has been traded out of the organization. However, if the player is traded back to the Twins (for some reason), the member who had the prospect will have the option to regain the prospect.
6) If a player is placed on the 25-man roster, this is wonderful news and you can continue that player’s thread. Reward for your player getting to the big leagues is that you can adopt a second prospect at that point. Even if the first player is eventually sent back to the minor leagues, you can maintain both prospect threads.
7) All other rules which are enforced on the main board will be enforced here.
05-04-2012, 12:48 AM #2
Want to remind people... there are several Twins Daily members who "adopted" a prospect and have not yet created a new forum for their player. Please do so by this weekend, or the players will become available for adoption again. Thank you!
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM #3
These players need to hvae their initial blogs opened before the end of this weekend:Hudson Boyd - TwinsFaninPhillyDrew Butera - LimestoneBaggyCarlos Gutierrez - JakeE141414Daniel Ortiz - SouthDakotaTwinsFanBen Revere - AT4MVPTyler Robertson - LaserED62Danny Rams - joeboo_22Danny Santana - SDTwinsFan Nate Roberts - raindogBrett Jacobson - danooJorge Polanco - TRexCole Nelson - nickpuntoismygodRay Chang - Coach JLuis Perdomo - PeanutsfromHeavenBrett Lee - JustinJD Williams - WachstaMark Dolenc - TCBurgerGuyTsuyoshi Nishioka - Andy4Twins
Last edited by Seth Stohs; 05-11-2012 at 04:13 PM.
05-06-2012, 09:50 AM #4
I feel very much like one of my students with a late assignment...hopefully there's no deduction to our blogging grade.Peanuts From Heaven
05-10-2012, 09:02 PM #5
These Twins Prospects are now again available for adoption by those who do not already have an adopted prospect, or if your prospect has been promoted to the major leagues. The person who initially adeoped each player can still start a forum for their player if they have not yet been adopted. (It's been 3 weeks since players were adopted, that's long enough.) If I missed a forum started here for any of these players, please let me know.
Hudson Boyd - TwinsFaninPhilly
Drew Butera - LimestoneBaggy
Carlos Gutierrez - JakeE141414
Daniel Ortiz - SouthDakotaTwinsFan
Ben Revere - AT4MVP
Tyler Robertson - LaserED62
Danny Rams - joeboo_22
Danny Santana - SDTwinsFan
Nate Roberts - raindog
Brett Jacobson - danoo
Jorge Polanco - TRex
Cole Nelson - nickpuntoismygod
Ray Chang - Coach J
Brett Lee - Justin
JD Williams - Wachsta
Mark Dolenc - TCBurgerGuy
Last edited by Seth Stohs; 05-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.
05-10-2012, 09:16 PM #6
Oh, what the hell. I'll take Eddie Rosario if you let me have him.
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM #7
He's yours... He needs to be written about... got his 2nd HR of the season tonight.
05-10-2012, 09:27 PM #8
05-29-2012, 11:08 AM #9
For those that adopted a minor leaguer, be sure to post an update on your player every week to ten days. There are several players who have not had updates since late April or early May.
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM #10
As soon as the draft happens are those players fair game? Or after they sign?
05-29-2012, 11:36 AM #11
The plan is to have another "Adoption" period, a week after the draft where people who have not yet been adopted and draft picks can be taken. We'll figure out the rules for that.
05-29-2012, 12:00 PM #12
Ok thank you!
06-11-2012, 03:27 PM #13
I'm just wondering if people are going to begin adopting the Twins draftees?
06-11-2012, 04:36 PM #14
Players who were in the organization before the draft can be "adopted" at any time by anyone who 1.) does not have a prospect adopted, or 2.) has had a prospect reach the major leagues (means they can have a second). We will likely do another Adopt-a-Prospect for signed players sometime around when the short-seasons begin.
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM #15
Phase II of the Adopt-a-Prospect will start on Thursday (June 21) at 9:00 central time. Before then, I will post a list of players who have been adopted and who adopted them. Please note that if a player's page has not been updated by the "adopter" in the past 4 weeks, the player will become available again. So, if you haven't updated your player's profile in awhile, please do so today!